Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 21 - Lusk, WY to Hot Springs, SD (92 miles)

Start of another day out here in the grasslands of Wyoming....headed to South Dakota.

Had some pretty cool scenery early, after leaving Lusk.

...and today's Wall Drug sign.

Lots of sunflowers lining the highway out here.
And we made it across our third state and entered South Dakota. Here's Gary and me waiting in front of the sign for Jim to get all the cameras people keep handing him sorted out.

Gotta be real careful with the directions out here. One wrong turn and you can go for miles before you realize you're headed in the wrong direction.
Edgemont, SD seems to be a place out here where people think I could fit in pretty well. I'm sure it has nothing to do with their annual festival.

One bedroom fixer upper...Black Hills area. Scenic view. Close to at least 4 former presidents.
I was told that the Black Hills get their name from the dark fir trees that are so prevalent. From a distance they look black.

Well, tomorrow we head up to Mount Rushmore. Lots of climbing yet again. Wish me luck....I'm gonna need it. I'm getting tired of riding uphill.

No comments:

Post a Comment