Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 50 - Manchester, NH to The Beach!!!!

Today was the day! It started out just  bit cloudy, but there was nothing that was going to put a damper on the ride today.

With only 50 or so miles to get to the beach, everybody took their time....even those guys whose wives kept telling them "it's not a race. Take your time." Here's a nice bakery about 9 or 10 miles from our staging point. This place was crawling with bikers all morning.

...a little late in the trip for advice we'd been following from day 1.

Some of the crew from the back of the line...Ian  and myself. It was great to have the perspective of someone, not from this country as we rode across the country. He kept many of us in stitches from day to day with his observations. 

The Beach !!!! Wow, this thing is heavy....maybe I need to get a bike like Dan's......probably need to get a new car first....it would be cheaper.

Leo, the King of Flat Tires, with his inner tube crown. Todd and I had the distinction of being the only riders who made the entire trip across without a flat (Thanks Mal and Jeremy for the tip on those inner tubes). In case anyone was wondering about the people dropping out in previous blog entries (Joe and Katie), that was the exclusive "no flat" group they were dropping out of. We couldn't jinx it by mentioning that before the end of the ride.

Good friends to have.....one of my roommates, John, me, and Sandy.

Sorry it took so long for me to get this day 50 post up. It's been a whirlwind these last couple of days. I'm planning to keep this blog going through this year's Tour de Cure ride, but might not be posting every single day. I do have a few more pics from the trip I want to add in the coming days, so please check back.

Almost forgot....it seemed to be of some interest among the riders as to how much weight I lost on the trip. I'm assuming it was either because of how big I was at the start, or the fact that I ate everything between Oregon and New Hampshire, and still kept going back for seconds.
Now that I'm back home, I'm able to use the scale I did for the initial weigh in....so the official number is

18 lbs.

Now the tough part begins.......

No comments:

Post a Comment