Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 43 - Niagra Falls, NY (Our last rest day)

Even on a rest day, I can't seem to sleep in late. I did however refrain from getting my bike out or moving my luggage downstairs. With none of that to do, I headed back to Canada with my camera.
With all the great scenery here, it's hard to decide which ones to upload here, so I have 2 start of the day pictures today. This first one is of the falls closest to the bridge. 

....and then this shot from the top of Horseshoe Falls.

Sorry if you get tired of waterfall pics, but anyone who knows me knows that I can't stop once I start in on something like this......

I took the "Journey behind the Falls" tour, where we actually wound up on the observation deck at the bottom of this picture.

just too cool......

...the view from that observation deck in the earlier picture.

There goes the "Maid of the Mist" tour into all the spray.

view from the lower observation deck next to the falls.

And here I am on the bridge, headed back to the US side after all the sightseeing, and a good (if somewhat expensive) breakfast on the Canadian side.

shot of the "Maid of the Mist" from Goat Island on the US side.....actually deep in the mist

And another shot of the Rainbow Bridge with Bridal Veil Falls in the foreground.

....and today we have to say goodbye to Eileen as she heads home. Have a good trip. Glad you could stay the extra vacation day. You'll definitely be missed on the ride.

.....we're also losing Mark and Carol, as well as the Sooner fan (I don't think I ever thought to ask his name after seeing that OU T-shirt). Oh well, it's not like he was affiliated with a good school or anything.......(sorry, couldn't help the jab....too many OU people I like to mess with......and he's actually a nice guy). Too bad he wasn't here longer so I could learn his name.

Well, as our final rest day comes to an end, I guess it's time to get the gear ready for tomorrow's start of the final push towards the Atlantic. Stay tuned.....

Thanks for reading....and for the contributions to Tour de Cure. We're at 13% of our goal now.

No comments:

Post a Comment