Sunday, September 26, 2010

Big Dam Bridge 100

Headed down to Little Rock this weekend to ride the Big Dam Bridge 100 ride, and visit family. The ride was really nice as expected. The ride is very well supported, and the route is nice.

Here's my start of the day shot from near the ride start, under the Broadway Street bridge over the Arkansas River. A very pretty sunrise.

The early risers starting to gather about 20-30 minutes before the start.


With only 5 minutes to go before the start, the crowd was getting pretty thick. This was looking forward towards the starting line. There were at least twice this many people lined up behind me. I haven't heard the official count, but they were expecting around 2000 riders.


...and of course we go over the bridge that gives the ride its name. This is supposedly the longest dedicated pedestrian/cycling bridge in the world (and it's pretty high up there as well). For those of you that rode the Across America North ride with me, you'll understand when I say I was a bit nervous riding across this thing. 

....another shot from up on the bridge.


I didn't take a lot of pictures once I got out of town, but thought this old house was kinda picturesque looking. I'm sure the picture would've been a lot prettier if I'd actually stopped to take it.



Garmin Stats

Like I said before the ride was really nice, as was seeing my girls......but the same day loss of one of the nicest, classiest ladies I've ever had the privilege to know, much less be related to, really left the day (and all our lives) a little emptier.

No comments:

Post a Comment